Denver Divisional - DSP Miata details

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Denver Divisional - DSP Miata details
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:21:49 -0400
I see that a '90 Miata won DSP at the Denver divisional, driven by Rich
Fletcher.  I know that Rich is a great autocrosser (I recall his years
autoxing an MR2 Turbo), but I'm curious about the preparation of this car.
I'm assuming that it is a Spec Miata since it is in DSP, right?  I ran my
Spec Miata in DSP at the DC National Tour, and I felt like it was outclassed
by the high power BMWs and the Hoelscher X-1/9, but I ran the car with the
spec Toyos, spec exhaust, stock airbox, road race alignment, and hardtop
(the Northeast Region has the most restrictive SpecMiata rules, and that's
what I'm prepped to).  So, the questions:
1. Did the car run with a hardtop?
2. What tires were used?
3. What intake?
4. What exhaust?