Solo2 Nationals Workers

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solo2 Nationals Workers
From: "Karen Christoff, Ph.D." <pykac@olemiss.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:48:25 -0500
Just a few "specialty" jobs that need coverage. let us know if you are
interested in/willing to do any of these as your work assignment for the
nationals:

PADDOCK: I just learned from Phil Osbourne that he still needs some paddock
workers for the nationals. If you are interested, particularly if you will be
in Topeka on the Wednesday and/or Thursday morning before the ProSolo Finale,
Please let me and Phil (psosborn@verizon.net) know. He needs the early help to
get set up and mark paddock spaces, and this would be an excellent way to get
your work assignment over well before the event actually starts. Even if you
can't be there that early, Phil would be happy to have you work paddock
sometime during the week. Perks, according to Phil,  include the golf kart for
checking sites, and a paddock site of your choice (within reason...). Its a
great job if you like people since you'll get to greet everyone and help make
them feel welcome at the site.

REGISTRATION:  We need people to work registration on Saturday. Again, if you
are in Topeka early and want to get your work assignment over before the event
and in air conditioned comfort, let me or Sandi Brown-Wood
(sandilew@cswnet.com) know.

PAVEMENT INTEGRITY:  We need someone to mark the courses on Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, and Thursday evenings for the patching crews. The assignment will
be for either Monday and Tuesday or Wednesday one Thursday. If we have two
people for each two-day shift, one can do each course or you can do both
courses in pairs - whatever works best for you. Again, let me know if you are
interested in this one.

INFORMATION: We always need folks here to post results and man the information
booth. Interested in this one?

Other specialty workers (timing, tech, impound, grid, safety, SportsCar
writers, announcers) please check with the appropriate chief to make sure that
she/he has you on their list. Once the August 15th deadline for registering
without a late fee has past we will begin splitting classes into heats and
making work assignments. We need to make sure we and your specialty chiefs
know if you were promised a particular assignment so we don't give you a
different job. With 1200+ entrants we are bound to make some errors, but we
would like to keep them to a minimum.

Thanks to everyone for your help in making this the best national event ever!

Karen Christoff (pykac@olemiss.edu) and Kim Bollinger (your friendly worker
chieftesses)