Re: SM light question

To: Wentzel <greendot1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: SM light question
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 21:13:36 -0500
My gut feeling, Dot, would be that it's an appearance issue rather than
a performance issue.  As long as the aftermarket lights fit into the
factory location and don't alter the aerodynamics of the car, I would
THINK that they'd be perfectly legal in SM.  After all, the main purpose
of SM and STS/X is to attract cars that have been modified for the
street.  And aftermarket head and tail lights are a common street
modification.  I certainly wouldn't turn anybody away if they showed up
for one of our local events with aftermarket lights - as long as they
work.  However, I would certainly yield to those who might be more
well-versed in the SM and STS/X rules than I am - since I run in
Prepared!!!  8<{)

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman