Pylon for December 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>, "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Pylon for December 2003
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:49:43 -0500
At last, the December 2003 edition of North American Pylon is in the mail.

This month, our third in a row with a 4-color cover, we cover:
        Joel Fehrman wins Atlanta Region's Champion of Champions event.
        Las Vegas Region attracts 160 drivers to its finale.
        Hawaii Region's Dec. 21 event under clear blue skies.
        San Francisco Region's season finale at the Oakland (CA) Coliseum.
        Tri-State meet pitting Councils from--New York, Connecticutt, and
Northern New Jersey, which hosted the meet at Englishtown, NJ. New York won
        Tri-Lakes Sports Car Club  (TN) concludes their '03 season.
        Tennessee Region wrps its '03 season at Gladeville, TN.
        John Sheally finds Beachcomber Corvettes do not run in the rain at
Pungo but it took two trips to find out.
        NASA-Southeast starts out with an event in 29-degree weather.
        We finally get around to reporting on the P.R.O. series event last
February at Lemarque, TX, and ask if Steve Volpp will revive his budding
series.

Features:
        Warren Leveque defines "Patina."
        We welcome Abner Perney, former Salina Region Regional Executive,
as our newest columnist who is in and out of more cars every day than
anyone else we know. He shares his opinion in a kindly way.
        John Sheally remembers Peter Morgan.
        Lorenzo the Scribe inquires how the Corvette C-6 will be classed as
he remembers the problems the SEB previously faced with the C-5.
        Pat Kelly writes about the membership changes to the Solo Events
Board and their Advisory Committees.
        Editor John Kelly outlines the need to learn the basics and then
practice, practice, practice.
        In our center spread we salute 19 drivers who didn't score a trophy
at the 2003 Nationals.

        Pylon cannot teach you how to drive faster. What we do is keep your
mind focused on the subject at hand. It's a more subtle deal, keeping your
enthusiasm up to challenge the next event.

Intrigued? Buy a 12-month subscription at $24 per year. Send your check
(And your mailing address)  to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566

Or, Call 1-800-58-KELLY (toll-free), 9-5 PST, M-F and charge the $24 to
your Visa, Mastercard, or American Express Card.

Or, FAX your credit card number and your mailing addresss to:
                1 (925) 846-7728. It operates 24/7.

Also, See our web page at <www.napylon.com>

--John Kelly, editor and publisher