Re: Prepared protests - wheel base

To: eric@mail.brown911.com ("Eric Salem"), solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com,
Subject: Re: Prepared protests - wheel base
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:55:36 -0500
In a message dated 2/26/2004 8:29:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
eric@mail.brown911.com writes:

> Don, I see your point but we're not talking about Stock. If the only
> reason the SEB can bring up to require a Factory Shop Manual is track
> size why can't they just look in the rulebook? It's there
> in black and
> white.

wheelbase isn't in the S2RB.  Neither is OE track.  The minimum track is OE,
the maximum track is what's in the book.  In BP and CP (and maybe in some FP
cars), you can probably make a faster autocross car by chopping out the frame
rails and narrowing the car.  That's why we now have a minimum track width.  If
your car was ever listed in the Showroom Stock Specs, that would give you the
number.  But a lot of Prepared cars were never in that book.

Maybe the SEB needs better wording, such as "In the event of a protest, a
protestee may need to be able to show proof of the originality of certain
equipment and/or specifications.  Competitors should possess documentation to
support their vehicle's legality, including but not limited to factory
documentation, service manuals, etc."  Mark Sirota can probably take that and
make it sound better, with fewer words...

Charlie