Re: Racing slicks or DOT tires?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Racing slicks or DOT tires?
From: KWall73108@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:06:58 EST
Dave,

>From thumbnail testing most of the various types of autox tires after they've
come in from a run, the 25A slick has always come up the softest which
appears to mean it's the stickiest unless it gets greasy.  For your car, to get
Hoosier DOT as hot as your current slick you'd probably have to run a much
narrower DOT.  An attempt was made to run ten inch wide Hoosier DOTs on a 1700
lb
car, they would never get up to operating temperature where as R35 11.5" wide
slicks easily get up to operating temperature.  Eight inch wide Ecsta 710s
almost got up to temperature on that same car.