Re: Harness

To: <c102071@cox.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harness
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:33:56 -0500
Downward angle, as I see it in the Solo II rules, is not a factor. Nor is
the 3- or 4-point setup.

See 4.3.2 and 3.3.1.

Those factors come into play in the road racing rulebook, not the solo
rules -- not the Solo II rules anyway (they do apply in Solo I in the front
part of the solo rulebook).

The Y-belt (3-point) is illegal in racing. In solo it is actually somewhat
common.

Either way, I'd recommend a single submarine strap. In upright seating
positions, the primary function of the sub strap is to hold the lap belt
down on the pelvis and restrain it from riding up into soft-tissue areas
under your ribcage. It can do that (and get uncomfortable) just driving the
car in a spirited manner. Without the sub strap, tightening the shoulder
straps also pulls the lap belt up under your ribcage.

--Rocky Entriken