Re: [CP] tire hardening

To: cp@twingles.com, autox@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: [CP] tire hardening
From: KWall73108@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:35:14 EDT
Bill,
Very good information and question.  The most recent three tests have all
been done with temperatures between 40 and 50 degrees F so that wouldn't appear
to be a factor.  A wild guess would be that the high humidity helps keep the FV
from evaporatiing out of the rubber so the short chains remain separated.
The tires are always shrinkwrapped after the application of FV which definately
appears to help seal it in.  Now the idea is to surround the tire right after
racing with a water soaked towel and  shrinkwrap.  But how much FV does one
add to the water so the tires are soft but don't turn to mush?
Kevin