Re: Low Entries at Topeka Nationals

To: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Subject: Re: Low Entries at Topeka Nationals
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:14:00 -0700
On Aug 9, 2004, at 6:39 AM, JDMurphy47@aol.com wrote:
> The entry number this morning is about 679, if I remember correctly -
> what gives?  This time last year it was about 900.

The economy perhaps? Since I've been unemployed for a year and a half
making Nationals this year is going to be a struggle and it's going to
be my last event until I find a new job. I suspect that many others are
in similar financial straights as well. Through in the high cost of
gasoline and an entry fee that's $100 and it's not surprising that less
people can make it. We'll probably still get 900 or so but I doubt that
the 1200 entry limit will be in jeopardy.

- Alan

P.S. Anyone need a UNIX C/C++ programmer? :-)

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         Yahoo IM: AlanBDahl
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl   ICQ: 52688023