re: Avon Tech R pressure ballpark starting point

To: ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Avon Tech R pressure ballpark starting point
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:27:11 -0400 (EDT)
Stefan Kemper <stefan@rmci.net> wrote...
> Are they closer to the Ecsta's or the A3S04's

   Never used Hoosiers myself, but I believe the answer is A3S04s.  I am
only 39 runs into my first set of Avons, but the temperatures were very
even at 40/44 psi on my ~2700 pound car, with about 600 lbs on each front.
Those are 205/55-14s.

   Those pressures were my WAG starting point, but they seem to like it
there.  I've run slightly more without improvement, but not less yet.  For
reference, I ran 34/37 with Ecstas V700s.

--
 David Hillman
 #16/61 vintage BS