Insuarnce for Solo Equipment

To: Autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Insuarnce for Solo Equipment
From: JD Kemp <kempgeoservice@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 05:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
Howdy, All-

Our SCCA region has been investigating ways to insure our equipment
against loss.  We have the usual stuff for running Solo2 events: timers,
cones, fire extinguishers, laptop comuter, printer, etc.  Recently we
did an inventory and came up with a total value of near $10K, which I
think surprised all of us.  At present time we do not have insurance on
these items.  So far, our search for coverage has led us to very
expensive policies, or none.

Does any region have insurance coverage on equipment, and if so, could
you share with me the cost, and what insurance carrier you use?

Thanks...

JD Kemp &

"Lucretia MacEvil" #13 MGB