Re: Newbie to nationals questions

To: "Glen E. Thompson" <glen.thompson@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Newbie to nationals questions
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:28:49 -0400
At 09:57 PM 9/10/2004, you wrote:
>This is my first trip to nationals and I had a few questions I couldn't
>find answers to.
>
>1. I will be traveling in my motorhome.  I understand there's an area
>for parking it.  Is water available to fill my tanks or do I need to
>fill before getting there?

Solo City doesn't have "water" AFAIK.

>2. Getting around the event site - how far from RV parking to paddock
>area?

Solo City (RV camping) is literally across the street from the entrance to
the site. You can also have a daytime paddock space for the RV.

>3. Expected day of event schedules - how long are the heats?  How much
>time will one be working the course?

5 heats with the day starting at about 8 and finishing by sometime between
maybe 4 or 5.

>4. Any other tips for the newbie?

Bring a bicycle or small "moped", lots of sunscreen, warm/hot/cool/cold/wet
weather clothing, assume LOT's of wind. Plan on walking the courses MANY
times starting as soon as they are set up. You need to learn them like no
other courses you have ever run!!!

Dick (I wish I was in Topeka)