Re: Back on the air

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Back on the air
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 20:40:50 -0600
> Man, of 52 weeks in the year, could it have picked a worse time than
> Nationals week???

That's not all.  Last weekend was the big Utah Blues & Brews Festival
in downtown Salt Lake City.  I happen to host utahblues.org, which was
not at all available for the weekend.  And there was also the annual
Slavic Festival, with my wife's group participating, but oddly enough
zivio.org was off line.  And we had the final dinner hike of the
season, but fortnight-hikes.org was toast.  And of course, with
britishmotorclub.org down, getting the word out about the big going away
party for the club's founder was difficult.  And utahscca.com would
have been nice to have around to promote this weekend's Octoberfast up
north a few miles in Idaho.

Basically, if you studied the calendar, list traffic, event schedules and
such, and were a malicious, evil person, you would have picked the past
week as the positively, absolutely, most disruptive time as possible to take
out my network.  Why couldn't this have happened when there was nothing
going on?

Sigh.

Still hundreds of messages behind,
mjb.