re: DTN Rookie impressions and realizations

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: DTN Rookie impressions and realizations
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 10:40:02 -0400 (EDT)
David MacDougal wrote...
> Disclaimer:  before you read this.  I am by no means a journalist and
> make no claims to be.  After reading this story I am sure that you will
> agree with me.  Pat, please feel free to edit if you decide to publish
> my little story.  Make me sound intelligent please.

   You're either intelligent, or your editor is very good ;)  Nice story.

> As a newbie I was not expecting too much.  I guess I had the crazy
> thought in the back of my head, like many others do, that I could get
> crazy Mojo and storm the trophies in ES.  That is as far as
> that thought went.  It was squashed as soon as I got behind the wheel.

   Don't give up hope too quick.  I was also a rookie in ES with low
expectations.  I'd never turned a wheel on Hoosiers before Thursday, and
while I've owned a few MR2s, my last one was such a raggedy beater that
the current owner drove it 700 miles to Topeka, and competed in an '89
Civic instead!

   Anyway, I only missed a trophy by about 4mm, so anything is possible.
Don't expect, but always hope.

--
 David Hillman
 #16/61 vintage BS