RE: Mitsubishi warranty web searches

To: "'Matt Murray'" <mattm@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: Mitsubishi warranty web searches
From: "Joe250" <topsquid@joe250.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:59:59 -0700
The rumor you probably heard is essentially bogus.  Someone posted some
3rd-hand information on EvoM and all hell broke loose.  This is the
thread that started it all:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=83525

As you can see, a lot of folks whipped themselves into a frenzy of mass
hysteria.  Mitsu USA's Press Release is a direct rebuttal to the thread
originator's claims:

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2004061860287&mime=ASC

Has Mitsubishi denied warranty claims for autocrossing?  I personally
don't know of any, but someone on here may have some firsthand
experience.

If you are asking because you are considering purchasing one, I highly
recommend them, at least the Evo 8.  I have been extremely happy with
mine. Great performance and no problems of any kind.  Dealers still have
some leftover 04's and the 05's just started arriving last week with
some nice improvements across the board (more power, front LSD, active
center diffs, free maintenance, etc.).

Joe
www.joe250.com