Re: Magnetic Car numbers

To: "Team.Net" <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Magnetic Car numbers
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <pullg@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 23:51:26 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> Any recommendations where to have numbers made for my car. Somewhere close
> Livermore, Ca.(bay area). Or can I buy the numbers and material myself?

Your best bet is a sign shop.  If you're handy enough, it's easy enough to
make them from the  raw magnetic stock -- it normally comes off a 2-ft wide
roll, sold by the linear foot.  Cuts with scissors, and takes spray paint in
the contrasting color (to your car) of your choice just fine.  Three feet
will normally make several numbers and a set of class letters -- you can
make the templates using your computer printer.

> Also how do you get permanent numbers for Solo II from SCCA.

If you mean getting assigned a permanet number, that's a regional issue --
you'll have to check with the region (SFR?) you're running with.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing
http://www.mindspring.com/~jsculerati/sdr