Re: Air compressor question

To: Larry Steckel <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Air compressor question
From: Larry Spector <lspector@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:56:40 -0500
The manual for my IR 2-stage compressor recommends their "All Season
T30 Select" oil. As an alternate it says to use non-detergent
petroleum oil that contains anti-rust, anti-oxidation and anti-foam
agents, has a flashpoint of 440F or higher and an auto-ignition point
of 650F or higher. It recommends SAE10 if the temp is <40F, SAE30 for
40-80F and SAE40 for 80-124F. It also claims that you need to
"de-carbonize" if you switch to T30 synthetic after using petroleum.

I use the T30 synthetic myself.

Hope this helps,
Larry