Re: 2005 Helmet Rules

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 2005 Helmet Rules
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 18:55:57 -0600
Good point, Charlie.  Although, here in Louisiana and Texas, a helmet
gets pretty groady after about five years of heat, humidity, and sweat.
  I hate to think what one would look (or smell!) like after ten years
of use!!  8<{)

So, I replace mine every time a new standard comes out with one from the
previous standard.  We do the same with our club's "loaner" helmets.
They REALLY tend to get nasty after five years of use.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman

GEEZ -- I just re-read my message before sending it and realized that I
used a word I haven't used since the 60s!  "Groady" generally equates to
"nasty."  I left it in for the benefit of those who are too young to
remember.  8<{)

jl