Re: eBay scam for a shifter kart

To: knuckledragger@kcweb.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: eBay scam for a shifter kart
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:43:24 EDT
Clone of another legitimate auction which ended just a week ago.
Purloined all of the photos and text, added a bit to aid rip-off,
posted a 3-day setup.

Never do the following:

Believe everything the seller says.
Use a seller-recommended escrow.
Send a seller information on yourself without full research first.

Red Flags:
Short-term auction for a valuable item.
Seller listing email which says, "Contact me first or I will
Cancel your bid!"
Seller stating "Moved overseas, can't keep item" etc.
Email reply coming from a different address than you sent to.
Seller asking for personal information before auction end.

Never:
Bid without doing research first, on seller, item, etc.
Fall for an offer to escrow and ship.

Want to see how good fake website can look?  Go to
_www.cab-express.com_ (http://www.cab-express.com) . Completely  fake!  And
there are
HUNDREDS like it set up every month.  Seller told me
that this company would hold payment in escrow and
ship to me.  Yea, right....

Lets be careful out there!

Alan

In a message dated 6/22/2005 8:35:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
knuckledragger@kcweb.net writes:

That  listing has been "removed" by Ebay. What was the deal with  it?

Eric