Re: C4s to Super Stock?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com
Subject: Re: C4s to Super Stock?
From: Kevin Stevens <autox@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> I just read the August FasTrack, and disagree with the proposal to move
> the C4 Corvette from AS to SS.  I think there are members who will be
> disenfranchised by the move.  On the other hand, if the class is not
> well subscribed, the SAC and SEB want to do something to bring the
> numbers up.

I guess I don't understand the intent:  is the notion that the C4s are
dominating the other AS cars, and suppressing participation as a whole?
I haven't had that perception myself. But boy, you're going to lose a lot
of entries if you ask the C4s to run against the Z06s.

Another interesting point in classing from that FasTrack is the proposal
to kicking the Viper SRT/10 out of SS.  Since the SRT/10 hasn't done
anything in SS in three years, excluding it seems to be only a consistency
sop to help justify the exclusion of the (also 500HP) '06 Z06.  That
hardly seems necessary, there are plenty of reasons to exclude the Z06 on
its own (availability, model line divergence, performance potential).  I
have no dog in that fight, but IMHO the Viper has been treated pretty
shabbily since its introduction, and to now exclude it based on
performance concerns for a DIFFERENT make/model would really rub salt in
the wound.  Talk about disenfranchising!

KeS