Squished Ferrari

To: autox@autox.team.net, MOT <mot@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Squished Ferrari
From: John Lieberman <jlieberman@sport.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:38:52 -0500
Here's one that will make SOME of you want to cry...

I was out pre-running a gimmick rally route for safety when it happened,
so I couldn't cover it myself.  (It would have taken me at least an hour
to get to the scene)  But my newsroom informed me this afternoon that an
18-wheeler had plowed into a Ferrari on I-20 near the State Fairgrounds
in Shreveport.  Here's a link to what one of the local television
stations has reported:
http://www.ktbs.com/news-detail.html?cityid=1&hid=26562

I don't know, yet, what type of Ferrari it was - and may never find out.
  Police accident reports aren't always very complete when it comes to
identifying specific models.  It was also impossible to tell from the
brief TV video of the wrecked car, though it WAS black and (I'm guessing
here) MAY have been a 360 Modena.  I don't know where it was from,
either, but I rather imagine it wasn't somebody local.  I don't know of
ANY Ferraris that regularly ply the streets of Shreveport/Bossier.  I
hope to have more info tomorrow.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman