Z06 Tire questions

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Z06 Tire questions
From: "Keath Marx" <larrybulk@marx.ws>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:13:56 -0400
Okay so the wife and I have narrowed it down to an 02 Z06 or an STi.

So as part of my research I am looking into the cost of racing the vehicles.
Tires are the biggest thing that I am not sure about w/ a Z06 so any help is
greatly appreciated.

1. What size tires (front and rear) are people at a national level running
in SS?
2. What rims are good for the Z06 weight wise?
3. Can you get a good rim of decently light weight without paying more than
you pay for the car?
4. Where can I get these rims?
5. I have been warned that if I put a race alignment on a Z06 it might
destroy my street tires fairly quickly.   Is this so?  If so what settings
can I safely put on considering I will be driving this car to work and
possibly cross country on occasion?

Thanks to all in advance.
Keath