Re: New roadsters

To: Chuck <golden1@britsys.net>
Subject: Re: New roadsters
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 23:36:04 -0700
On Oct 25, 2005, at 12:16 PM, Chuck wrote:
> Solstice has already been classified in CS, Sky is designated as
> 2007 model
> so will not be stock class eligible until next year. IMHO too much
> a porker
> to give the Miata much to worry about.

I wouldn't say that. I've driven one and it's nice with tight
suspension and tons and tons of grip. A little down on power (or more
correctly high on weight) but it's not a slug. Probably not good
enough to win at Nationals but should do well in the hands of a
capable driver and it wouldn't surprise me to see one finish 10th or
so at Nationals. Perhaps the '07 Solstice Coupe will be lighter,
we'll see. The Solstice that bears watching however is the 240hp
turbocharged version which should arrive in a year or so. With all
that grip and 240hp it should be a sweet ride.

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         Yahoo IM: AlanBDahl
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl   ICQ: 52688023