Re: [evolution-disc.] MR-2 why always 1993?

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] MR-2 why always 1993?
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:08:04 -0500
Slightly different rear suspension geometry (I don't remember the numbers)
and larger wheels (14" vs. 15") come to mind. The 1993 car is also a
mid-year split. I think it was January or February of '93 that there was a
change over. 1994 and 1995 cars are the same as the late '93 cars. Both '94
and '95 cars are rare (especially '95) due to dwindling sales. I think 1995
Toyota sold a total of 350-375 MR-2s that year. Now I remember that the
non-sunroof cars were only made for the first few months of the late
production or '93, so you will not find a (legal) '94 or '95 non-sunroof
car. I think the model code was pulled, so you could not even try to order
one.

Matt Murray