Re: Check Engine Light

To: "Esra, Phil" <PEsra@air.org>
Subject: Re: Check Engine Light
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 11:36:52 -0800
In message <BB69C5DD7BCAD211B77B00902730176B67E7A8@ca1.air-ca.org>, "Esra, Phil
" writes:
> > From: Smokerbros@aol.com [mailto:Smokerbros@aol.com]
> > I've had this problem with an '86 Civic Si and an '85 MR-2.
> > Both times it
> > was the 02 sensor.
> Heh heh heh. I've had this problem with an 86 Civic Si and an 85 MR2 also,
> and it was the 02 sensor both times! Walking in your footsteps...

I've seen a similar problem reported a few times on the Miata list. It
  seems to often be related to the O2 sensor not staying warm enough.
  There are sensors available with a built in heating element to keep
  them up to temp. They've got 4 wires and you have to wire the extra
  wires to a 12V source and ground, but they seem to solve the problem
  for many people.

I have no personal experience with them.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  Milpitas, CA