LOOK AHEAD, was Re: Thoughts - walking course

To: Kevin_Stevens@bigfoot.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: LOOK AHEAD, was Re: Thoughts - walking course
From: Black94PGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 01:33:05 EST
In a message dated 00-03-07 01:00:18 EST, Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com writes:

<< One thing I remember from my rookie period of autocross was the difficulty
of
 maintaining the whole course in my head. >>

i felt very insecure about remembering any course until i learned to LOOK
AHEAD.  now that i do that i hardly need to know the course in advance at
all.  it helps of course to know it better, but i dont feel i have to
memorize it like i did.  perhaps you have to be able to see the fast line
first.

its hard to remember to do it, but its been very helpful having a co-driver
screaming it at you every run for a whole year. :)

-james creasy
president, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
CSP RX7 www.klio.net/rx7
1965 FFR Cobra #1630 www.klio.net/cobra