Re: RA1 tires (Was Re: Yok A032R or 008RII compared to hoosiers. Help :-

To: Brad Martinson <brad@rahul.net>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RA1 tires (Was Re: Yok A032R or 008RII compared to hoosiers. Help :-) )
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:43:50 -0800 (PST)
 RA-1's make a good street tire for the Miata -
although the 205/55 14 seems a little too much tire
for the street. They have plenty of grip and a soft
ride compared to many R compound tires. It's not
competitive in an autox vs a Kumho or BFG. They last a
long time - basically the tire goes hard 2/3 way
through its life.

The RA-1 has a  reputation as a race rain-tire. My
wet-track experience is that its just as scary as any
other R-compound tire in standing water. I'd have a
backup plan if you plan driving in a lot of rain.

A lot of Miata people seem to like Toyo tires.

Craig

--- Brad Martinson <brad@rahul.net> wrote:
> So how are the RA1s as street tires?   It is almost
> time to replace my
> trusty 008RSIIs...
> The application is nearly stock miata, daily driver.
>
> TIA

Do You Yahoo!?