Re: visualizing autox results...

To: Phil Esra <pesra@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: visualizing autox results...
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 13:25:18 -0800
In message <20000308210929.1112.qmail@web502.mail.yahoo.com>, Phil Esra writes:

> --- Black94PGT@aol.com wrote:
>
> > wow, i have to say as a car-nerd and ex-science nerd that i find this
> > quite
> > interesting, especially the little hook at the slow and fast end
> > indicating
> > the fastest drivers really are a lot faster than everyone else.
>
> That was what caught my eye at first, but since it's raw times, I think
> it's just the handful of relatively fast mods, karts, etc that we
> have...

Actually, it's what you'd expect when you graph a bell curve that way.
  The swings at the ends are because there aren't many people with those
  extreme times. The flat in the middle is because a lot of people in
  the middle have very similar times.

If Kevin graphed it with time on the horizontal axis (in say, .5 sec
  increments), and number of people with that time on the vertical axis,
  it'd be a nice bell curve. Most people have times that are bunched up
  in the middle, with a few spreading out faster and slower.

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA