Pylon for March 2000

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for March 2000
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 23:22:02 -0500
NEWS RELEASE
        North American Pylon for March 2000 was mailed today. Subscribers
should start receiving their copies during the week of March 20-24, 2000.
        We expanded it from its normal 24 to 28 tabloid-size pages, mostly
to accomodate all the photographs.

        In this issue we cover the season opening Pro Solo at Fort Myers,
FL,
        and the season opening National Tour at Meridian, MS, sponsored by
Peavey, the guitar and sound system people, and Lincoln-Mercury. It
attracted 275 entrants, from 29 states, an all-time high for a Tour.
        Other events covered include:
                Arizona Region's SoPac Divisional,
                Atlanta Region's opener,
                Colorado Region at Bandimere Speedway,
                Detroit Council honors its champions at banquet,
                Sacramento's Competition Sports Car club operating in a
driving rain storm,
                Fresno Chapter starts its season,
                San Francisco Region's opener drew 276 entrants to 3 Com
Park,
                Seattle's ACE club hosts 184 drivers in bright sunshine for
Slush series.

        Plus columns by:
                Lorenzo the Scribe, J.D. Kemp, Mark Sipe, Hank Watts,
Noriel Acorda.
                Dwayne Lomush gets technical about pyrometers.
                Bryan Beckman explains basic units, dimensions, dynamics.
                SCCA's top Solo man Howard Duncan replies to ideas
expressed in our February                               2000 issue.
                Editor Kelly points out yet another loophole in the rules.
        Our interview this month is C. Heath McMillan, the CSP National
Champion from Woodstock, GA.
                We road test Ford's Excursion, the, uh, large Suburban
fighter.
        Our calendar grows to five full pages and we don't have everybody
in yet.

        North American Pylon is available at Tower Records/Books and other
selected newsstands. To subscribe, call 1-800-KT-KELLY (9-5, M-F, Pacific
Time) and charge the $24 for 12 monthly issues to your Visa or MasterCard.
        Or, check out our web page at: <http://www.napylon.com> and
subscribe through that.

--John Kelly, editor, North American Pylon