Stock rules question

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock rules question
From: Keith Hearn <khearn@Legato.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:07:57 -0800
In the Solo II rules for stock classes, in section 13.2 it says:

A. Accessories, gauges, indicators, lights and other appearance, comfort
  and convenience modifications which have no effect on performance
  and/or handling and do not materially reduce the weight of the car
  are permitted.

Would a Heads Up Display (HUD) of the Speedometer be considered to have
  no effect on performance?

What about a Tach HUD?

How about a shift light (a light that comes on above a certain RPM)?

While none of them would have any direct effect on the *car's*
  performance and/or handling, I can see how they might improve the
  *driver's* performance. I doubt the speedo would be very helpful
  during an autox, but the tach, or the shift light might be
  helpful.

Does anyone know of any offical rulings or precident regarding
  instrument upgrades in stock classes?

  Keith Hearn
  '99 Miata 10AE "Sexy Sadie" the Sapphire Shark
  B-Stock
  Milpitas, CA