Re: AAS Practice events this weekend

To: jesvilla@gte.net
Subject: Re: AAS Practice events this weekend
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:08:29 -0500
Jesus Villarreal wrote:

> Yes the course will be somewhat smaller than we're used to at Mather,
> the Evolution School will take one end of the site, and the practice
> will be on whatever is leftover, last year we had a 30.000 course and
> you could do 2 laps at one time, I'm not sure how it'll be setup this
> year yet, but we're going to try to have sector times setup, so you can
> see which sections you improved in, if we're able to get this setup,
> you'll be able to pick up a time slip with the sector times on it at the
> trailer, we may need volunteers for this to work though.
>
> Jesus

These events happen far too rarely for my tastes, and I'm afraid I will
miss both days this weekend due to prior commitments to SFR and
Fresno events. However, for those of you with one day free this weekend
or on April 29th when the Sacramento Chapter plans to host another one,
you should consider making the trip for several reasons other than just
car tuning.

You can also work on your driving and might be able to find some help
from experienced drivers. No one runs continuously, there are no work
assignments, and everyone has plenty of time. It is also a great venue to
take that reluctant spouse, friend, relative out to autocross on a day
when there is no crowd watching, no competition, and no announcer.
At the very least you are going to get your fill of seat time in a very
relaxed atmosphere. I just wish I could be there this weekend.

If some experienced drivers could publicly commit to being there
for the rookies to offer driving or car setup advice on Saturday or
Sunday, it could be a great day.
Rich