Re: 3/25 Course Design: Best ever?

To: "Benjamin R. Martinez" <brmcapri@usa.net>,
Subject: Re: 3/25 Course Design: Best ever?
From: "Boris Elpiner" <boriselp@altavista.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:04:45 -0800
Ben,

I think you did an excellent job designing the course.  It required the
thoughtful approach to the whole course, the courage, and a lot of patience.
Chris and I paid the price for being overaggressive and trying to CHARGE some
of the turns on the back. :-(  Our best times came on our most timid runs
(Chris's first and my last).  The course really stressed the importance of
being slow in the slow turns,  and keeping the foot down in the fast section on
the back and toward the finish.  . The finish required attention and to look
ahead not to overdrive it, but considering the site limitations it probably was
the best compromise. I think the course was easy to follow, but challenging and
a lot of fun.

Yes, I have to agree that the bumps took some fun away and caused some
unfortunate incidents. I think this is the first time I can really feel the
bumps significantly upsetting the handling of the Boxster. Maybe when we run in
the opposite direction and we go uphill on the backstretch, the bumps are less
intrusive due to the slightly slower speeds and different loading on the car
But this is the Candlestick we all love to hate:-).

The only improvements I would suggest would be a nice 4-5 cone slalom with an
entry that would really mess you up if not done right. And to make it a
National level course the lines have to be outside of cones. (Hi John:-))))

Thanks  to you, Sobbie, Chok and everyone who hellped for the nice event.

Boris.
ASX 84

PS. When did you finish, and what was the total tally?