Re: What is the right VW???

To: darren@madams.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is the right VW???
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:19:11 EST
Darren writes:

<<  Ok, my girlfriend is looking for a cheap (!) commute and learn to autocross
car.  Since the prices of Honda's out here in the Bay Area is so exorbitant
I thought an old rabbit or scirocco might be a good starter.

What is the right year and model to get for the various classes?  Which
gives the greatest combination of price to competitiveness?  >>

how about an '86-7 Civic Si?  Should be available for $2000.  I'd be very leery
of any VW in the same price range, and the VWs have a track record of going on
their lids...

CHD