Re: Bugs in SM

To: navid@interwoven.com
Subject: Re: Bugs in SM
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:41:32 -0400
Navid Kahangi wrote:

> Don't forget, it needs to be registered too.  I know that's in our rules for
> OSP, but we haven't been enforcing it.  Now, SM rules just say it needs to
> be registered at the time of the event, not street-legal.

It's not in our rules for OSP any more:

"The vehicle must have originally been produced for and
registered for street use.  A license plate on the car and
a registration document showing the plate belonging to
the vehicle will be accepted as proof of original
registration for the street.  A current registration sticker
need not be evident on the plate as the vehicle registration
does not need to be current."

Note that it doesn't say it has to have been registered in
the US either which makes spec racers from Europe legal
if they're on R tires.

> I also don't
> think you can rip the interior out of the car, just the back seats.

Amongst other things SM requires (see Appendix K in the rule book):

"V. C. 6. Except as noted by these rules and the referenced rules,
vehicles must be as originally delivered including all road going
components such as lights, wipers, interior, heater, etc."

You all should have a look at the top OSP cars some time. It's
really Open Modified - R Tires. All attempts at limiting the mods
or cars eligible were rejected by the steering committee.

Rich (AP is less expensive) Urschel

Ps. Kubo, Issel, and Creasy are all in two seaters.