3 runs vs. 4 runs (was Re: Thanks)

To: "Carl Merritt" <cmerritt@ati.com>,
Subject: 3 runs vs. 4 runs (was Re: Thanks)
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:59:25 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: Carl Merritt <cmerritt@ati.com>
To: Bay Area Autox <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2000 3:32 PM
Subject: RE: Thanks

> Yup, exactly.  The question though, is weather people (the morning people
> especially) would prefer 4 runs for every compeditor, or 3 runs for every
> compeditor plus some fun runs just for those want them (if time allows)?
> Personally, I prefer the latter, but I would like to also hear what other
> people are thinking.

First, I'd rather have only three runs and the opportunity for fun runs than
four runs cut back to three because we ran out of time (hi, Keith and Nanda!
:), or four runs and getting home at some late hour.

Also, I've come to the conclusion that allowing only three runs might be
better from the standpoint of driver development.  I feel getting only three
runs has forced me to improve as a driver, mostly because now I HAVE to turn
a fast time in only three runs instead of taking it easy for the first two.
(Don't use my runs from yesterday as an example of that; I was getting used
to the new tires.)  Heck, sometimes I even get my fast time down in TWO
runs!

Scot
'91 CS Miata