Re: Attendance

To: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Attendance
From: Rich Urschel <OSP13@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:21:04 -0400
Rex Tener wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> How does not allowing "WRG" help the problem?

Hi yourself, sport.
It helps to prevent another problem which comes with
short days and too many entrants. That of many people
running out of group in the morning to make sure they
get all of *their* runs in before dark.

> If you take away WRG, then I will just run in one of the other classes that
> my car is legal for.  Let's see, I have an A-Stock '95 M3.  This last weekend
> at GGF, I could have ran in the first group in AS, or the second group in SM,
> or the fourth group as PAX, or the fifth group in OSP, or in the sixth group
> in  AP, or the seventh group in ESP.  If you take away WRG, then I will just
> run in one of the other classes that my car is legal for.

Stop giving our secrets away, Rex, some of the
soon to be ex-rookies are just now figuring out
they can run in street tire.

> I am sure you remember a few years where I won the opening round of the
> regular season in ASP in a AS Porsche 944S2.

Yes I remember when you took 40 points away
from Larry Stark at round 2 of the 1997 season.
I did one slow pass for last place points in a Lotus
Eclat with a freshly rebuilt engine owned by Mick
Coleman that day because a coworker of yours
thought I was too fast for ASP in an ESP BMW 525i
on street tires in round one, and subsequently argued
for a rule that put my points in jeopardy for the
whole season. And didn't we have fun when I asked
at the end of the season how that rule could be
invoked? Forget I will not. BTW, you won round 1
in A Stock.

>  I remember how much good will I generated with that win.

Oh, I think I topped you by a smidge in the good will
department. :-)
Rich

Ps. No points, but nice try. Feel free to try again.
And if you feel moved to help find a solution, you
could try that too. Hundreds of people would
appreciate it, I'm sure.