Re: Rookies Can't Drive

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rookies Can't Drive
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 12:48:43 -0700
thank you katie.  that is a good way to say part of my point about the
women's classes.  oops i mean Ladies.

for whatever reason there IS a stereotype about women and racing.  the more
SFR can overcome this stereotype the easier it will be to develop this huge
pool of talent, giving us better drivers and more national championships.

a friend of mine often refers to her progress as "i was only 1 second slower
than [her husband]".  argh, what an inefficient goal.  i told her to aim
higher and start kicking his butt- and i know she can.

but the article makes a good point about expectations hindering development.
and i hope that we reflect the expectation that women will drive just as
fast as men.

-james "maybe someday i will tire of this" creasy