Re: Do You Know the Way to San Diego?

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: Do You Know the Way to San Diego?
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 12:07:15 -0700
No, but I can make a good guess at it.

S.R. 99 or I.S. 5 to S.R. 58 go east over the Tehachapies. Go through
Mojave to Kramer Junction aka 4 Corners which is the US 395 and S.R. 58
junction. Turn right on US 395 and go south through Adelanto (Watch your
speed!! And the cop in the old police car parked in a different spot
everyday car is a dummy). US 395 will dump you onto I.S. 15 south. Stay
on I.S. 15 and "DO NOT TAKE" I.S. 215 to San Bernardino.

I.S. 15 will take you all the way into San Diego and as you approach.
I.S. 8 you will see Jack murphy Stadium on your right. You'll recognize
the area by then.

If you do not feel like driving through Hill Billy Country and want to
stay a little more modern/hip and want to snake through LA with minimum
traffic try I.S. 5 to the Foothill Freeway (I.S. 210) and take the
Foothill Freeway east. As you come into Pasadena, you will come up on
Arroyo/Windsor Ave. Start making your way over to the right lanes as you
pass Lincoln, Mountain/Seco. If you stay in the left lanes it will take
you off the freeway and dump you onto Colorado Blvd. (Old cruise spot).
Don't do that.

As you approach the 210/134 interchange pay attention to the signs. You
want the 210 East transition road. There's two lanes. The left lane will
merge you into another traffic lane and the right will flow onto the 210
but you need to move over big time because the right lane will become an
exit only lane Lake. Move over to the second left lane from the car pool
lanes.

Take the Foothill Freeway (210) to the San Gabriel River Freeway (I.S.
605) and go South. You can only go south because there's no North. Stay
on the San Gabriel River Freeway to the San Diego Freeway (I.S. 405). Go
south towards San Diego on the San Diego Freeway. The transition road
has two lanes. Both lanes will flow onto the freeway but the right lane
will be an exit only lane for Seal Beach Blvd. Move over to the 3 left
lanes because the 3 right lanes will take you onto the Garden Grove
Freeway (S.R. 22) and you don't want to go there either.

As you approach the Santa Ana River just pass Euclid you will need to
make a decision depending on the flow of traffic. If teh traffic is slow
and during commute time start moving over to the right lanes and just
pass Harbor Blvd. take the toll road the San Joaquin Hills Toll Road
(S.R. 73). Its only $2.25 but you will save about 30-45 minutes. The San
Joaquin Hills Toll Road will take you to the I.S. 5 portion of the San
Diego Freeway just north of the city of the swallows (San Juan
Capistrano) (My other real home).

At this point you are approx. 70 miles north of San Diego and the drive
should only take an hour.

Of course you need to come off the big hill (The Ridge Route/Grapevine)
by 1:00PM and no later than 2:00PM. If you are after that time you're
going to be stuck in traffic for awhile. You might as well take the
58/395/15 route.

Buckle Up, look ahead and definite brake early and stay off those
Firestones. Even though you're depressed, drugs are not the best
solution especially if you're going to drive. Just put in a good CD and
perk up and rock. Also, you can put in a CB and bad mouth the truck
drivers and piss them off for giggles. Thats always entertaining.

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@ix.netcom.com