The Home Stretch

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Home Stretch
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:33:14 -0700
Well, folks, after  nearly a week of competition, we are entering that final
home stretch. Leading the way for us, it's Jeannine Breeze, taking the third
national title for SFR this morning (meaning I've lost count of all the
others), by nearly 4 seconds in B Prepared Ladies.

Finishing 3rd in that ultra competitive C Street Prepared is Tom Ellam in
his RX-3, behind Tom Berry, and the class winner, David Palmquist, Miata.
Ellam was looking good until his third run, but I think he spun or
something, because that last run was way off pace. But you know, sometimes,
that's what you have to tell yourself: "I'm either going to win, or I'm
going down in flames."

The top three drivers are from California.

Also, while California driver Risa Wilsey took A Stock Ladies by a second
and a half, it must be noted that second and third place finishers and good
friends Annie Gill and Anna Hedly from Kirkland, WA, finished exactly .005
from eachother for the weekend. Heather Shehan from Michigan was only .2
behind them for the fourth trophy spot. That is great racing.

Also, I just noticed that Barry Spencer's third run time, had it been clean,
would have been a full second ahead of the field.

More to come...

Katie K.