'00 SCCA Solo II Co-Rookies of the Year

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: '00 SCCA Solo II Co-Rookies of the Year
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:03:01 -0400
Re: Rookie of the Year honors at the '00 Solo II Nationals

Originally awarded to DPL winner Pam Kannan, the $500 award sponsored by
Grass Roots Motorsports Magazine (GRiMM) will now go to Kyung An, B
Stock-Ladies winner.

The criteria used: 1) Highest placing; 2) margin of victory.

Unfortunately there was a clerical error and the presenters were not aware
Ms An was attending her first National. She brought it to their attention
and claimed the $500.

In reviewing the statistics, we found the following winning times set by
first-timers, i.e. these people are not previously listed in "Solo Stats."

(Listed by margin of Victory)
-Jeannine Breese, '63 Corvette, won BPL by 3.963 over former champion Amy
Rose Herrick, '87 RX7.
-Kyung An, '99 Mazda Miata, won BSL by 2.000 over Angie Rogers, '99 Mazda
Miata.
-Gerry Terranova, '89 Honda Civic Si, won H Stock by .524 over former
champion Mark Allen, '91 Honda Civic.
-Pam Kannan, '84 Honda CRX, won DPL by .305 over Ginna Blair, '90 Mazda
Miata.
        (former class champions Paula Whitney and Kim Bollinger were in the
field.)
-Dawn Odoi, '65 Solo Vee Bobsy, won FML over Debbie Kanzler  by .120.
-Sean Breese, '63 Corvette, won BP by .084 over former BP champ and rookie
of the year     Bill Fleig. Former champions Randy Herrick and Sam Platt
were third and fourth.

In North American Pylon's humble opinion, each of the above deserves Rookie
of the Year honors. We will award duplicate prizes to each: One Pylon
t-shirt, one 12-month supscription to Pylon (added on to your existing
subscription if you're already a subscriber), and, symbolizing the
greatness of their achievement, one (1) hot dog to be purchased from the
lunch wagon at the 2001 SCCA Solo II Nationals in Topeka, Kansas.

Note to 2001 Rookie awards committee: A large victory margin doesn't
necessarily indicate superior driving. Sometimes it means there's a "soft"
class back there.

--John Kelly, editor, North American Pylon
(If we missed somebody, please let us know.)