CRX for sale

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: CRX for sale
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:24:46 -0700
A friend of mine has a CRX for sale that may be of interest to some
people.  I almost bought it as a CSP project, but the aftermarket sunroof
sort of ruins that so he bought it instead... but is now moving to Australia.

The good:
o It's a 1986 HF with over 200k miles on it.
o Blue and gray paint, not in great condition, but livable.  A wax would do
it good!
o A couple minor dings front and rear and the drivers side front fender
panel is a little loose (just needs to be attached)
o Interior is immaculate!  2 seats in almost perfect condition.  Carpets
and all interior trim (and panels) in great condition.  Dash is (I believe)
uncracked and in good condition.  I believe all the gauges and air work too.
o Motor runs well but smokes pretty bad.
o Tranny and clutch seem to work well.
o No weird noises or quirks or anything that I was able to tell.
o Brand new exhaust (nothing special, but it's there)
o Current and clear DMV tags with all back fines paid.

The bad:
o Will not pass smog, and we don't know what's wrong with it.  At first
glance, it appeared to me that when the previous owner replaced the exhaust
they chose not to put in a secondary cat, but we're now pretty sure that
year and model CRX only has the one expensive cat up under the motor.  I'm
betting it just needs someone to clean and tune the carb (I couldn't get
the air filter lid unscrewed when I looked at the car so couldn't assess
that further).  Either way, it's a perfect candidate for an Si motor swap.
o It has an aftermarket sunroof.  And likely done cheaply.  1) I'm not sure
that is legal in SP. 2)I'm sure it's not properly structurally reinforced
enough for heavy autocross duty, but who knows. 3) It probably leaks pretty
bad, but I'm sure a little rubber work could fix that OK.
o All the other stuff you'd expect for a 14 year old car.  I think at least
a split CV joint boot as there is some grease up there.  Wheel bearings and
suspension bushings, etc. all seemed pretty good though.

He's only asking $250!!  The car is currently in Concord and _does_ run,
and is drive able home.  New owner takes all responsibility for smog, etc. etc.

That's practically free. And if nobody wants it, it's going to get donated
a battered women's shelter which wouldn't be that bad either but I thought
I'd try.

Email me and I'll pass your emails along.

        --Darren