RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Fwd: california

To: "Guy Schalnat" <guy-schalnat@cinci.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Re: Fwd: california
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 21:43:24 -0800
When I moved to California from Texas, I worked on the edge of San Francisco Bay
next door to one of the biggest BMW dealers in the country.  One day I felt the
floor begin to move around -- my first earthquake -- and was immediately
deafened by the sound of every car alarm in the lot going off.

It took them half an hour to turn off all the chirping and flashing cars, and
that's when I learned that in California, earthquakes are properly measured on
the Beemer scale!

KeS