RE: idle question

To: <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>, <atabacco@california.com>,
Subject: RE: idle question
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 19:12:16 EST
Kit Wetzler writes:

<< Hm.  I don't know why you'd want to go to icky carbs, when you can use one
of the popular speed density systems, like an Electromovie TEC-II.  >>

I don't have my rule book with me, but I'd guess the FI rules are the same
for all Prepared classes...  My OE FI throttle body flows 65% as much air as
the allowed carburetor, THAT's why I ditched my FI.  The Miata OE throttle
body may flow sufficient air, though...  In Prepared (at least CP), using a
non-OE throttle body penalizes you an additional 10% on top of your minimum
weight.  In my car that's 300 lbs...

CHD