RE: OBD-II readers?

To: "'Phil Esra'" <philesra@hotmail.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OBD-II readers?
From: "Giles Douglas" <giles@vy.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 18:16:12 -0800
If his minivan is a VW, you can get a great VW scan tool from ross
technologies, http://www.ross-tech.com/. I have their software and its
really helpful with my car, and it was only $200. Useful for proving to
disbelieving VW dealers that there is something up with my car.

There's also a company out there that makes generic OBD-II scan software -
they are Baum Tools, http://www.baumtools.com/. Their software is more
expensive (I think it cost me $600 or something), but it works with just
about any car. The cables are interchangeable between the two vendors.

Thanks,

        Giles