Pylon for November 2000

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pylon for November 2000
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 13:09:16 -0500
The November 2000 issue of North American Pylon is now in the mail.
        (It was printed Nov. 29 but our mailer couldn't finish the
addressing until two days later on Dec. 1. Sigh. We had hoped to be mailed
before November ended,

This month we cover
        -Old Dominion Region-SCCA returning to  Fort Monroe.
        -BFG CenDiv meet at Toledo, OH: Holy Toledo Glassworks!
        -A round up of San Francisco Region's 5-event Winter Slush Series,
                including final points.
        -Report on SF Region's final regular season event and final points.
        -Buddy Jasman sets fast time at Corvette Club of Michigan meet
                (A Detroit Council event)
        -Tidewater SCC operates in Virginia.
        -Las Vegas SCCA lands site at city's speedway, moves back to
daytime events.
        -St. Louis Region SCCA hosts Solotime MidDiv "Gateway to
Nationals."
        -Farewell report on Fresno Chapter SCCA event at Millerton Lake.
        -Virginia Motor Sports Club at Virginia Motor Sports Park in
Petersburg.
                Reports on two events
        -BFG CenDiv finale runs at Grissom Aeroplex.
        -Arizona Region holds annual "Octoberfest."
        -American Autocross Series holds finale at Mather Field.
                AAS season final points.

And columns by:
        -Pat Kelly
        -George Ryan
        -Editor John Kelly
        -Lorenzo the Scribe
        -Warren Leveque
        -Alex Tziortzis on shock absorbers.

We have a few club calendars for 2001. Please send in your club's autocross
calendar as soon as it's available.
        Plus we have a letter responding to Lorenzo the Scribe's column
about "Speed Creep" at the Solo II Nationals. Do you think the Topeka
speeds are too high, causes an unfair advantage to some cars in their
various classes, or are difficult to follow? Write us a letter. e-mail to:
<76067.1750@compuserve.com>
        We also welcome letters on the Solo Events Board's tabled proposal
to revamp the Stock classes. We have already spotted a specific model
Porsche appearing in two (2) different classes in the proposal printed in
SCCA's Sports Car magazine.
        Subscriptions are $24 for 12 monthly issues. Call 1-800-KT-KELLY
during west coast business hours, 9-5 M-F and charge it to Visa or
MasterCard. We can start you with our 44-page Solo National issue.
        Or FAX your request to (925) 846-0118. The FAX operates 24/7.
        Our "secure" electronic subscription service is not currently
available.

Check us out at <www.napylon.com>

--John Kelly