Re: autox in other countries

To: BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: autox in other countries
From: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:46:01 -0800 (PST)
I can just imagine the conversations these guys have:

"Hey, Khalid, how are those new Firestones working out for you?"

"Not bad, Hassan!  I'm getting about 20 or 30 miles on them now
that I've switched to raised-letter sidewalls!  That extra
'tread' sure makes a difference."

That last video clip is pretty awesome -- the guy puts his
Nissan Pathfinder up on just the two right wheels, then does a
slow slalom through a few cones.

I'd guess that there's a teensy bit of ballast (it IS Qatar,
after all, so a ton of sand just might be involved), but I sure
hope that nobody from Consumer Reports sees it!

--
-Craig "Can't Seem To Get The Miata To Do That" Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu