Re: government vehicle stability standards

To: Bill Hamburgen 650-617-3329 FAX -3374 <billh@pa.dec.com>,
Subject: Re: government vehicle stability standards
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:17:47 -0800
there was some TV magagine story on the roll over hazards of SUVs.  they
pointed out that this was not new news, in fact these tests had been
conducted for many years.

so in this older test film , they have the voice over announcer saying "a
car with good handling easily maneuvers this corner at 30 mph" and they show
a CHEVETTE as the example.  (then the jeep comes around and flips on its
side)

now ive rolled only one car, a CHEVETTE.  yeah yeah i was 16 and all that 60
hp went to my head. :P

the pathfinder shown here seems pretty stable though, despite snaking
through that slalom in exciting fashion: http://www.qatar4ever.com

-james c