Learn to Be a Safety Steward!

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Learn to Be a Safety Steward!
From: "BAYLISS, E. J. (PBD)" <EJ.Bayliss@sbcdo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:23:06 -0800
If anyone out there has been thinking "Gee, I'd sure like to learn how to be
a Safety Steward, so I can annoy event chairs, herd spectators, chastise
photographers, chase away donut-driving site-spoilers, and just generally be
helpful", now is your golden opportunity!

Seriously, we do need to train some new safety stewards.  It's an essential
and fun work assignment.  Our recently
retired-from-the-position-of-Chief-Safety-Steward, Bryan Nemy, will be
giving safety training course walks at both the AM and PM course
walkthroughs at this Sunday's Boondoggle by the Bay III, at the Oakland
Coliseum.  All you need to do is show up for either course walk.  Then make
arrangements with Bryan to view the training video, and work two events as a
safety-steward-in-training.  Then you can be licensed. Continue to work at
least two events per year to keep your license. (There's no charge other
than the customary membership fee.)

It would also be helpful if you reviewed the Rule Book about basics such as
course layout (specifically with an eye towards safety) and the like, but
it's not necessary before Sundays' event.

Please let me know if you're interested or have any questions, and thanks,

E. J. Bayliss
Acting Chief Safety Steward

P.S.  You do need to be an SCCA member for this, but you knew that, right!