SFR Solo II opener

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SFR Solo II opener
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:21:52 -0500
The results lady tells me there were 279 entrants at yesterday's 2001
season opener at the Network Associates Coliseum in Oakland, CA. Despite
requiring full membership we had a lot of cars. Event chairs Vernon Head
and Katie Kelly pulled off another "Boondoggle" classic.
That 279 number is eight more than our 2000 opener at 3 Com Park where we
let non-members run.

        Things to be concerned about:
        1) Drivers who compete at a time different than their specified run
group and who aren't courteous enough to mark their cards: WRG.
        2) Drivers who compete out of group which throws the whole
scheduling process into a "cocked hat."
--The above two items contribute to the considerably larger first run group
which seems to be a constant despite the schedule doing its normal cycle.

        3) Former temporary 3-month members who attempt to show membership
cards issued in August 2000 and expect it to be honored 5 months later.

        The Oakland Coliseum pavement--FINALLY--is considerably better than
the slippery slidey stuff we had to deal with after that slurry coat was
applied in July 1999.

--John Kelly