Dual Event folks for Sunday (IMPORTANT, read this!)

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dual Event folks for Sunday (IMPORTANT, read this!)
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:01:19 -0800
I realize there are a few folks that want to attempt a double on Sunday
(NASA event in the morning, SCCA in the afternoon).   As the SCCA event
co-chair for Sunday, this is fine with me (as long as you work your SCCA
rungroup in the afternoon) BUT.....

We really don't need/want to be keeping registration open much later than
noon.

So, what we will do is this :

1. Send me your name, car number, class, and SCCA membership number ahead of
time (no later than 5PM Saturday).

2. Have someone else pay for and pick up your card earlier on Sunday morning
(during normal registration time).    If it is ABSOLUTELY not possible to
have someone do this for you (and I mean after you give it a REAL effort)
then we can work with this.....but PLEASE try and do it by having someone
else pick up your card (and pay for it) before noon if at all possible!

If your name isn't to me by 5PM on Saturday, then you won't be allowed to do
this "double run".   And if your name isn't with me AND you try to buy your
card after registration closes, I can guarantee it won't happen.

Not trying to be a grump on these rules, but it really isn't fair to the
registration folks to require them to be set up an extra hour or so just for
the benefit of only a few people.

Thanks!

Ed Runnion            Santa Clara CA
mailto:Ed_Runnion@RegionOfDoom.com
96 Chevy Impala SS, ESP #984, getting new Kumhos Saturday morning....